I made a bit of visible progress today with the first working notifications. Things still aren't entirely stable, and I haven't even started thinking about the web interface. But, the Atom feed is working as are email notifications. Still waiting for SourceForge to approve the project.
I'm hoping to get a bit more testing done tomorrow morning and start work on the RSS feed. It shouldn't take much more work than the Atom feed did. Following that, I need to make things a bit more robust so that things like malformed fields don't crash the server. Once we've got some real events running through the system reliably, I'll start in on the web interface. Seeing as how I'm getting through things much faster than I had expected, I'll probably spend a bit of time making the web interface look nice.